Sandile Gumede wrote:

Hi

Thanks, for grass module v.rast.stats vect=catchments1 rast=rain1 colpre=precip , is it the output file that I'm looking for in the path below? If so which program is used to open it, I'm using ubuntu 9.04, my default GRASS database is DBMF

$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/dbf/catchments1.dbf

If you're looking for only the attribute table, then yes, that's the file.
You can open it with OpenOffice Calc. Also you can see the whole table and export to a text file with v.db.select catchments1.