Craig,

Your instructions gave me success. I think my problem was not putting in a value that was recognized in the data. I now can see isosurfaces.

Thanks!
Suzanne

On 11/11/2010 9:29 AM, Craig Wilson wrote:
Suzanne,

If you've got to the stage of importing the G3D (volume) file into NVIZ, and if it has the variable (w) attribute running through the volume, isosurfaces can be created by:

    * Selecting 'Isosurfaces' from the 'Visualization type';
    * Clicking 'Add' from the right-hand menu;
    * Where it prompts you for a digit, enter a value of the variable
      which is contained within the volume. For example, when I wanted
      to highlight areas within Loch Lomond which had 0.15mM of
      dissolved carbon, I entered 15 at this stage (I had multipled
      all values by 100 at an earlier stage). As long as this number
      was contained within the original data converted into the G3D
      file (e.g. if a text file contains 4 columns of x, y, z and the
      variable attribute, this attribute must be selected when the G3D
      file is created - from what you said about getting the slices to
      work, it sounds like this has already been done), the
      interpolated boundary lines for 0.15mM throughout the lake were
      then visualized with isosurfaces. In the screen grab below, I
      performed this for 0.15mM and 0.20mM.

_http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/8780/isosurfacesinnviz.jpg_

It's been a few months since I used GRASS, so if those instructions don't work I can go back and figure out precisely how it was done.

Craig Wilson