On 06/12/2010 09:04, Chethan S wrote:

Sir,

I appreciate your suggestion but I am a beginner level user in terms of using commands. Its only recently I started using commands everywhere. So far I was happy with the GUI. Therefore, I was wondering why the GUI mode was not working as expected.

In the GUI I tried as follows: In the "Bulk import of raster data" window I first tick "Directory" and choose the raster file type (GeoTiff), then I browse to a directory which contains the *.tif files and *double click* on the dir name. It opens and all the *.tif files appear grayed out. Then I click Open, and the files are listed, ready for import.  This doesn't work for you?

Thanks and regards,

Chethan S.