Hi Johannes,

Sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner. But it seems like others have told you
about the line ending issue. That's a real problem because most people (myself
included) will want to start out by copying an example program from the GRASS
site.

...and it will utterly fail to run.

Anyway, now that your got it started, it is a debugging issue. Put in some
debugging code like...

print 'my program gets this far'

...at different places to see where it is getting stuck. This is tedious but
always seems needed.

Michael
C. Michael Barton
Arizona State University

voice:  480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-727-9746 (CSDC)
fax:          480-965-7671 (SHESC),  480-727-0709 (CSDC)