On 10/25/2011 05:31 PM, Luisa Peña wrote:
Greetings I have a vectorial (areas) and I want to convert to raster. In this vector each area is defined by New_ID that is a varchar and I want to create a raster where pixels inside each area must have a value. E.g. Area named A1 must be labelled as 1 and A2 as 2 and B1 as 3 and so on. Is this possible using v.to.rast?

Yes, but you'll need a column in the vector attribute table with numeric values. THen run:
 v.to.rast input_vect out=<raster output> use=attr col=<numeric attibute column>

If your attributes are in sqlite (not dbf) then I'm sure there are some SQL string functions you could use to get the integer values 1,2,3... out of the labels A1,B1,...

Thanks
Luisa

This mail was received via Mail-SeCure System.

This mail was received via Mail-SeCure System.

--
Micha Silver
Arava Development Co. +972-52-3665918