Hi Moritz et al,

Thanks for your patient description. I have been using cats and tables
for a while now, and think I understand enough about how they work, your
explanation seems similar to what I'd read in the GRASS docs.

My concern here is not how to use them, but that the check/list boxes in
the dialog appear to increment the cat numbers without them actually
being used. e.g. If I click on 'next to use' in the listbox ten times,
the cat that will be used next goes from 320 to 330, before I have
digitised anything to even give a cat to.

A couple of other odd things like this in wx dialogs/gui seem to have
come down to what version of wx/python/GRASS is being run together, so I
was wondering if anyone else can repeat this event in their dialog, and
if not, why (maybe newer wx/python?)

Too late at night for me to dig up my system specs... tonight got wasted
with other dramas on GRASS and a bunch of lost data... but if you want
them, I can get them

regards,
shane.