Hi
(I have eddited the email subject)

but when you export the map composition the overlays
don't get the memo that they should be propor-
tionately place themselves not simply as a fixed
offset from the bottom-left corner. (? I'm not
exactly sure how the overlay positioning works, but
assume that's what's happening)

I confirm. this is what it is happening.
The quick work-around is for the user to use d.legend
and d.scalebar as "command layers" in the main map
layer wx gui (somewhat hidden under the "add grid
or vector labels" icon) with manual command line
controls. Then the legend or barscale gets rendered
directly as part of map rendering, not overplotted
as a movable overlay.

Ok I was able to add a scale bar as command layer. When I export it the recoomended size it is plotted just fine and with a different size it addapted thje scale bar (it remained a bit bigger). Is it possilve to define Scalebar size (not just position)?
Antonio

database 6648 (20111121) __________

http://www.eset.com