On 03/27/2012 07:41 PM, katrin eggert wrote:
Greetings
I have an excel file with XY and point ID and I want to:
1- Create an Shapefile with this points (they were obtaiend with a GPS so it's WGS84)

First make sure in Excel that the Lon/Lat are formatted in decimal degrees (not D-M-S or anything else). Then do Save As... and choose CSV, a comma separated text file.
Now start GRASS in a LOCATION based on EPSG:4326 and run v.in.ascii. be sure to set the fs (field separator) parameter to ',' like in the CSV file.

2- Reproject to UTM29N

Create a new location based on EPSG:32729. In this location run v.proj, pointing to the Lon/Lat location and mapset, and the point vector you imported above.

HTH,
Micha

can anyone just give me a few tips of the steps I need to do?
Thanks
Best regards
Kat

This mail was received via Mail-SeCure System.

This mail was received via Mail-SeCure System.

--
Micha Silver
GIS Consultant, Arava Development Co.