One of the handiest solutions for extracting 3D data
using SfM is this:

http://homes.cs.washington.edu/~ccwu/vsfm/

It includes georeferencing and can handle the coordinate
ranges that occur in geographical data. It is free
to use for non-commercial applications but unfortunately
not open source.

Anyhow, SfM works best when there is a large series
of images with a lot of overlap and small angular
displacement between consecutive images. Traditional aerial
imagery will not always give good results. There can also
be trouble with the simple camera model that some SfM
tools (including VSFM) use.

An open source solution that is optimised for remote
surveying applications is currently lacking, AFAIK.

Best,

Ben