On 28/01/14 11:52, Markus Metz wrote:
On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 9:38 AM, Moritz Lennert

Personally, I support MarkusN's idea of merging the two, if that's possible
from the code point of view. I find it more intuitive to look for a module
creating centroids...

IMHO it will be confusing if there is a flag to calculate the center
of mass, but centroids are then not always the actual center of mass,
in which case it is safer to assume that centroids are not the center
of mass.

Well, that's when you come from the GRASS perspective with a very specific meaning for 'centroids'. I think for most users centroids are the center of mass. So, I'm not sure that this will really be an issue of great confusion.

But I won't make an issue out of this. v.centerpoints is already a nice solution and I think it should be moved to trunk, although I've stumbled on some issues, but I'll file bug reports on those.

Moritz