Here is what I think is strange though about your explanation, Markus: If I first mask a watershed produced with r.water.outlet and then use r.watershed to produce subbasins, it doesnt include the entire area of the watershed but leaves small areas out, although these areas belong to it. Is this a threshold problem?

Tom, see image attached.

Michel