Dear Anna,

Just compiled from source r59347 and the error triggered by menu command

Help > About GRASS GIS

no longer shows up, i.e., we get the regular gui window showing info (even though Code Revision and Build Date are not available and a question mark is shown instead).

Your suggested test command shows the following ouput:

GRASS 7.0.svn (valdagri):/usr > g.version -rge
version=7.0.svn
date=2014
revision=
build_date=2014-03-26
build_platform=i686-pc-linux-gnu
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

with revision number still not available.

Our original target, g.extension (see email subject), still returns the Fetch & Install extension from GRASS Addons gui windows with error saying "Unable to load extensions".

Displaying GIS layers seems to work fine. Basic things like g.region, r.info, etc. also appear to be OK.

We would be grateful if someone can drop a line pointing us to a way to run r.diversity and/or any other comment you might thing useful.

Kind regards,

Luigi