On 10-04-16 10:03, Martin Landa wrote:
Hi Anna,

I was wondering what is the opinion about the new data catalog (in
trunk), specifically, whether users should be able to modify (copy,
rename, delete) maps from other mapsets and locations than the current
ones. I find it very useful to edit any mapsets, but it goes against
the traditional GRASS approach. I have this (edit anything behavior)
implemented locally, but wanted to know before committing if people
agree with that.
Could be a great new feature and I would be happy to test. I assume though that this functionality is strictly limited to the data catalog? I.e., in the layer view the traditional approach should be kept i.m.h.o.

I would suggest to keep traditional approach at least by default. What
about new option in preferences?
+1
In the same way I was thinking about
GUI option "Set up computational region automatically from input
data". Martin
Could be useful as well, but I certainly hope that would remain optional, as working with a region that is independent of the input layers is one of the really great strength of GRASS.