On Mon, 18 Dec 2017, Shane Carey wrote:

I have a large DTM (5m cell size) and it covers an area of 100,000km2. I
need to create contours every 10meters in the dataset. If I tile the
dataset and contour each tile, the data, the contours act funny at the
edges, hence the need to process the area as one area. Is grass capable of
doing this?

Shane,

  Yes. As long as you have sufficient memory and drive space. You can always
set the environment variable in ~/.bash_profile:

export=GRASS_VECTOR_LOWMEM=1

which will use available memory and not crash, while running more slowly.

  If I'm wrong I'm sure we'll both read about it. :-)

HTH,

Rich