On 16/02/18 15:38, Mira Kattwinkel wrote:
I tried this but still get the same error.

Maybe you still have some old packages installed that have been held. You could check with 'dpkg -l "*qgis*" | grep ii' to see all packages that are installed and have qgis in their name.

Sometimes, when I get stuck in such a cycle, I just uninstall all qgis and grass related packages with:

sudo apt-get remove "*qgis*" --purge
sudo apt-get remove "*grass*" --purge

and then reinstall

sudo apt-get install qgis grass