On 11/2/18 11:09 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
  The stations (vector, point) table has 10 columns:
 site_nbr   | character varying(8)
 site_name  | character varying(64)
 lon        | numeric(12,6)
 lat        | numeric(10,6)
 easting    | numeric
 northing   | numeric
 start_date | date
 end_date   | date
 howmany    | integer
 bin_col    | character(8)

  I don't know which column to specify in the command,
v.colors map=stations use=attr column=bin_col
does not work.

column is the name of column containing numeric data and color is the name of color
table. But I don't want or need a color table because the column 'bin_col'
has colors for specified ranges of the howmany column in hex rgb format
(e.g., #73E700). If the command will display the map with points colored
according to bin_col please show me the proper syntax.

If you want to avoid a color table then specifiy an additional column "rgb_column=" which gives the colors in decimal RGB format such as "255:0:0" for red for example.

  If v.colors is not the appropriate module for me to display this map with
points colored using the bin_col value, please point me to the proper
module.

TIA,

Rich

Micha Silver