On 31/03/2019 16:55, Markus Metz wrote:

On Sat, Mar 30, 2019 at 4:23 PM Micha Silver <tsvi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 29/03/2019 16:04, Markus Metz wrote:
>

> On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 11:20 AM Micha Silver <tsvi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> Still the same problem.

I think I found something: ZSTD can be compiled with or without legacy support. If compiled without legacy support, you can get this error "Unknown frame descriptor". That means it could be possible that ZSTD 1.3.1 on the old machine has been built without ZSTD legacy support and ZSTD 1.3.8 on the new machine has been compiled with ZSTD legacy support. In this case I would consider it a bug in the packaging of ZSTD for the old machine. If this is correct, there is nothing GRASS can do, apart from using another compression method.

This is a wild guess but the only explanation I can come up with.

Many thanks for the extra effort.

Markus M

> --
Micha Silver