On Wed, 18 Sep 2019, Moritz Lennert wrote:

You cannot launch GRASS GIS within the script in this way. You have to put
the actual module calls into a script and then either

Moritz,

The actual module calls are in the script, as are the commands to launch
grass.

- launch GRASS GIS and from the GRASS command line launch the script,

I would then need individual scripts for each process (import and
reprojection.) That's what I missed seeing.

...or follow
 https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_and_Shell#GRASS_Batch_jobs, i.e.
 let the GRASS_BATCH_JOB variable point to your script.

I'll definitely read this as it looks like what I need.

Many thanks,

Rich