Patrick,

Make sure your folder name and file type are correct by manually
(inside Rhino interface) rendering and saving a frame using the same
steps set up in the code.  (_Render, _SaveRenderWindowAs "D:
\GH_Animation\frame"4".bmp").  By doing this you can be sure that your
file type is also correct.  In your original post it looked like your
script was trying to save a .bmp and the rhino output said it was
successfully saved as a .jpg which would leave your folder empty I
think.  Hope that works otherwise the code might have to be altered a
little to save as a different filename without the quotes around the
frame number which some filetypes don't support.