No answer but same goal from me in a quite different context : I work with aerial photos under a stereoscope, and happen to make my own orthophotographs. I need to compare photo-interpretations with other georectified data.
So I often think it would be perfect if I could "un-project" data with the reverse transformation used to orthorectify, then superimpose the result on aerial photos, and finally analyse it under the stereoscope.
Here is an example ("hand made" so very rough).

Vincent.

Dwight Needels a écrit :
Reverse i.rectify I have a historic map that I georeferenced using i.rectify. To help me compare features to modern maps, I have overlaid a 1’ lon/lat grid.

I would like to display the undistorted original XY map with the lon/lat grid back-projected on top to show the geometric distortion. In other words, I want the originally straight lines of the grid displayed as curves based on the reverse of the i.rectify transformation.

Is there any way to extract the transform parameters and use them to reverse the i.rectify transformation? Are there other ways to accomplish something similar?

Thanks,

-Dwight