I am trying to use v.extrude to generate buildings of varying height. I have a
vector file with all of the building outlines and I have a raster file that
contains high resolution height data extracted from LIDAR files.  I don't
understand the function of v.extrude. I tried specifying the raster file name
in the "elevation=" option but I get an error that says I have to either use a
constant height in "height=" or specify an attribute table column with height
data in "hcolumn=".  What does the "elevation" option do? Any suggestions on
easy ways to populate a height data column from a raster file?