I am trying to generate a model very much like the screenshot of Trento on the
Grass home page using data for the city of Seattle. I have building outlines
and heights in a vector map and accurate elevation data in a raster file. I
have used v.extrude to construct the buildings. When I try to plot them in
nviz, I get odd disjointed floating surfaces rather than the solid looking 3D
objects objects in the Trento example. The extruded vector coverage has only
faces, no lines, areas, or centroids. Is that normal? I tried extruding both
with and without the "trace" flag set.

What commands were used to create the beautiful model of Trento? Was it
something other than v.extrude and nviz?