Markus (and others),

Thanks for your response(s); the 'differences' color map from r.colors is exactly what I was looking for. This will be extremely helpful!

Regards,
Tom

Markus Neteler wrote:
Tom,

did you try the "differences" color map from r.colors [1]?
It is defined as

0% blue
0 white
100% red

It was added by Helena for such scopes.

Markus

[1] lib/gis/colors/differences

Thomas Adams wrote:

I'm wondering if someone has a color map that has white in the middle range and blue at one extreme and red at the other. I'm creating a precipitation difference map for data quality control purposes and I'm trying to identify areas of over- and under-estimation by radar estimates relative to gauge-only estimates. Such a scale would be helpful to those looking for differences.

Thanks,
Tom

--
Thomas E Adams