On 03/11/07 01:08, M Jones wrote:
Hi All,
Can I run GRASS on Ubuntu 6.06? Im new to the world of GRASS and UNIX and am hoping to create a home GIS system that is primarily open-source. If anyone has experience running GRASS on Ubuntu please let me know. Or if you have other suggestions for the best Linux system to run GRASS Id appreciatte any input.

On 03/11/07 01:08, M Jones wrote:
> Hi All,
> Can I run GRASS on Ubuntu 6.06?  Im new to the world of GRASS and UNIX
> and am hoping to create a home GIS system that is primarily
> open-source.  If anyone has experience running GRASS on Ubuntu please
> let me know.  Or if you have other suggestions for the best Linux system
> to run GRASS Id appreciatte any input.

I created grass 6.2.2 packages for Dapper for our student computer lab. I can make them available to you if you still need them (just don't have access to the machine where they are at the moment).

Moritz