I don't know if this is something that can be achieved currently or not.  I
currently have a syslog data stream sending detailed IO stats and I would
like to perform some analysis on the extracted fields.  An example of what
I'm trying to achieve currently:  Some of the disks are members of a zfs
raidz volume and I I can easily enough search for just those device names
now that I am extracting them.  What I would like to do, however, is to
perform a mathematical operation on their statistics, graph the results,
and place that on a dashboard.

For example if I take the "IO Reads Per Second" and then sum them together
with the "IO Writes Per Second" then I can graph the total IOPS for the
drive cluster.  I can currently graph the metrics separately and can limit
the results based on the device id from the search bar.  I can graph the
individual metrics, however, when I combine the graphs, I lose the value
item from the graphs gear menu.  I this instance I would like to be able to
display those statistics as a stacked bar, showing the total IOPS and
visually quantifying the proportion of reads vs. writes.  I also seem to
lose the ability to send a combined graph to a dashboard, which seems odd.

Another example math operation for this data stream:  I am extracting the
KBs read as well as KBs written per second.  Again I can get the graph the
metrics for a given group of drives, however, since these are typically
large numbers I would like to be able to divide the number by 1024 to
convert it to Megabytes per second instead of looking at the graph and
seeing that the cluster wrote 3240K Kilobytes in that particular unit of
time.