Hi,

Unsure if this has been mentioned somewhere else before but we are
experiencing a minor oddity in the search facility for the Graylog2 Web
Interface.

We are running Graylog server 0.20.6 and Graylog web 0.20.6 (So the latest
version i am aware of) and say we want to search one of our application
access log streams for anything beginning with this search criteria (Of
which we know there are matches) for the field "request":

*request:\/abp3\/jsonservices\/com.lvsint.webapi.json.commands.ListCurrenciesService**

We have entries like the following as an example that should be found by
this search but it returns no matches (0 messages found):

*request*
*/abp3/jsonservices/com.lvsint.webapi.json.commands.ListCurrenciesService.json?object_request=%7B%22locale%22%3A%22zh-cn%22%7D*

But if i substitute the uppercase characters in the search string with a
single character wildcard match the proper results return. So like this:

*request:\/abp3\/jsonservices\/com.lvsint.webapi.json.commands.?ist?urrencies?ervice**

Have i not got the search right or should the upper case characters not
matter in the search? I would have thought my first search was valid there
but i am perplexed why it does not return matches like the second search
method.

Screenshots are attached to show what i mean with more clarity hopefully.

<https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-dymMFuKxm7E/U_cRR77jKhI/AAAAAAAAAD4/fDTQjfastZo/s1600/FailedMatchSearch.jpg>

<https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-897Cx74Kmts/U_cRilhAjFI/AAAAAAAAAEA/g5FlQRTtRm0/s1600/SuccessMatchSearch.jpg>