I updated the search base to (&(objectClass=user)(sAMAccountName={0})) with
no success.  There seems to be something else going on as well though that
Ill have to figure out.
The users I populated manually have disappeared.  It recognizes them as
existing as I cannot re-add them however they are not visible.