Hello,

I was trying to reproduce the issue and what I saw is that the number of
dashboards is only calculated when the page is loaded, so if you make the
window bigger you won't get any new columns. After a page reload you'll be able
to see more columns, but that is not really obvious. As you were able to use
more columns after deleting a widget (which trigger a page reload), I assume
this is the issue you had.

I have created this ticket to fix that issue:
https://github.com/Graylog2/graylog2-web-interface/issues/1184

Regards,

Edmundo