I'm not sure if it's considered a best practice to tweak the default
/etc/sysconfig/graylog-server?

GRAYLOG_SERVER_JAVA_OPTS="-Xms2g -Xmx2g -XX:NewRatio=1 -XX:PermSize=128m
-XX:MaxPermSize=256m -server -XX:+ResizeTLAB -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC
-XX:+CMSConcurrentMTEnabled -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled-XX:+UseParNewGC
-XX:-OmitStackTraceInFastThrow"

But this at least seems to give you double the heap space. It's still not
obvious how you should set mlockall. Or if I should even try.