Thanks to everyone for continuing to pursue this odd issue.

Arie - We are using nxlog-ce version 2.9.1347

Kay - I can't seem to recreate the problem (yet) in a test environment,
whether 1.0.2 or 1.1.0. There are some (possibly irrelevant) differences
between test and production, but I'll mention them anyway. Production is
built on Amazon Web Services using the provided 1.0.2 AMIs. Test is running
locally from the 1.0.2 OVA images in ESXi. Test and production have
different volumes of data coming in and different devices are sending logs.
The only place I seem to be having trouble is in production with messages
coming from the one network appliance I am focused on at the moment. I
haven't had a need to add/update extractors for other devices yet, so I'm
not sure if the problem is limited to that one device or is universal for
this production instance. I will test more generally, with more devices,
and see if I can find a pattern.