Hi Tyler!

Have you double checked both the cluster.name on the master as well as the
version of Elasticsearch?
Graylog in the version you are running is using Elasticsearch 1.3.7.

It looks like Graylog can successfully reach your master node for discovery,
but then fails to join the cluster.
This usually indicates a problem with the cluster names, unfortunately
Elasticsearch does not print a more helpful message in this case.

Did this work before? What has changed?

Best regards,
Kay