Hi,

We've tested an all-in-one Graylog server (server, Elasticsearch and web
interface) and have decided to create a production-grade setup with the
various nodes in clusters. As an experiment, I tried migrating the graylog
master server to a new machine and got stuck.

What I tried was:

- downloading the OVA image, and running three instances configured to be
"server", "elasticsearch" and "web", using the graylog-ctl tool
- exporting the mongodb database from the existing test server and
importing it into the new "server" instance
- reboot the new graylog server
- login with one of the admin users I know exist in the test database

I was expecting all the stuff from the test machine--users, grok patterns,
inputs, streams, etc.--would be present in the new master, but they
weren't. I was able to log in with "admin/admin" (the default credentials
for these OVA images) and get in to the largely unconfigured default setup.
The import had no effect. I belatedly noticed that the test server's
mongodb_database was named graylog2, but the new server specified "graylog"
so I edited that in /opt/graylog/conf/graylog.conf and restarted again.
That didn't fix things.

Is there an established procedure for doing this kind of migration?

Thanks,

Chuck