Thanks Jochen, I thought as much.

For my needs, I have two server nodes that don't normally perform any
processing and are essentially reserved as search nodes. These are the only
nodes configured for the web interface to communicate with. They are still
in my load balancer pool on the F5's but I manually override the load
balancer status to "DEAD".

If I experience a peak in input messages and the other nodes start queuing
messages in the journal, I can simply set the override to "ALIVE" and get
some extra processing power until the peak has passed.

However, if I do any work that requires the two "search" nodes to be
restarted, I have to remember to go and set manual override again.

This allows me to have users successfully searching no matter what load the
rest of the nodes are under.

In addition, it's also useful in a scenario where there is one node that
has been having issues and ends up with a full journal. It would be good to
be able to have the override persist in that scenario as more than likely
the server will be rebooted or have a service restart when trying to
diagnose whatever has caused that issue in the first place.

Of course, if I'm going about this the wrong way and there is a better way
please let me know!

Cheers, Pete