Hi there

I just learnt about graylog2 yesterday: what a revelation! The developers
have done a WONDERFUL job. I have our central syslog server forwarding
1000+ syslog records/sec into a single virtual CentOS7 server and it's
humming along. Obviously not much data in it yet, but so far I'm stunned :-)

Anyway, I had a few gotchas during the process and I thought I'd feed them
back

First off, anyone wanting to do CentOS/Redhat based installs really needs
to read this howto on ITzGeek - it really helped

http://www.itzgeek.com/how-tos/linux/centos-how-tos/how-to-install-graylog2-on-centos-7-rhel-7.html

Secondly, we have multiple AD forests, so people should be aware that is
not an environment conducive to LDAP. LDAP is all about "one" LDAP - and
forests can have many LDAP "domains" even within one forest. So my hint in
this case is that you can get graylog to support a single forest by
configuring LDAP to point at a top-forest level Global Catalog server (ldap
port=3268 - ldaps=3269) - as that "flattens" all the child domains into one
namespace - then all the users in that forest can log in, instead of just
those in one domain

As far as handling multiple forests - you can't. That would require graylog
to support multiple LDAP connectors. I rather see graylog gain SAML support
- as we've already been through the exercise of "flattening" all our
forests for SAML - so I'd rather just reuse that ;-)

Thanks again for all the hard work

Jason