Hi there

I've been adding extractors to our incoming syslog Input and it's been
great - fantastic feature :-)

However, I'm starting to get worried about the longer-term impact of me
going all hell-for-leather on this: how much of a performance impact does
adding new fields have?

I've added about 10 new fields so far, and let's assume I'll add another
10-20 in the next 6 months, what would that really mean from an overhead
perspective. Telling me to just accept the overhead is an acceptable answer
;-)

Jason