Il 28/07/15 14:13, Jochen Schalanda ha scritto:

you can add your index template to the Elasticsearch configuration file
(https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/0.90/indices-templates.html#config)
referenced in the elasticsearch_config_file setting in the Graylog
configuration file

Thanks, but the link you posted just talks about putting the template file into the config/templates directory, which is what I already did,

Also, I tried using the elasticsearch_config_file setting in Graylog config to make it point to /etc/elasticsearch/elasticsearch.yml but then I ran into the problem described here, so I had to roll back:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/graylog2/PvP2BYNe0xg

Anyway, I found the problem: my template file was missing a comma before "message", sorry :-P. I should have looked better at the logs.

So now as far as I can see my template file is working fine, I can even only use the "message" mapping without the need to add the "_default_" one. Apart from this, I added the indices.ttl.interval setting in elasticsearch.yml, this should tell it how often expired documents must be deleted, e.g. "7d" for 7 days.

--
01