I am currently in the process of switching to HTTPS for REST communication
between my graylog-web frontend and graylog-server nodes but I am having an
issue that when I configure the graylog-server to use https the service
only binds to the loopback 127.0.1.1 instead of the eth0 address:

netstat -an | grep 12900
tcp6       0      0 127.0.1.1:12900         :::*                    LISTEN

My rest_listen_uri is set to match the certificate I'm using and as https
(real domain removed) and the certificate and key are configured (real
paths removed) and the graylog-server service startsup fine, connects to
elasticsearch and the inputs start as normal:

rest_listen_uri = https://hostname.example.com:12900/

rest_enable_tls = true
rest_tls_cert_file = cert.cer
rest_tls_key_file = key.key

This is an Ubuntu 14.04.2 box and my /etc/hosts looks like this (real
domains removed)

127.0.0.1       localhost
127.0.1.1       hostname.example.com hostname
10.106.249.71   hostname.example.com hostname

Is this something I am doing wrong, or should the graylog-server process
know from this config it's not supposed to start on the loopback IP?