Hello everyone,

I'm trying to secure/encrypt the REST interface of Graylog Server. That
works fine when only using the Graylog Collector to connect to the REST
interface. However if I start the Graylog Web Interface, I repeatedly keep
getting a org.jboss.netty.handler.ssl.NotSslRecordException. The error is
the same as described in
https://github.com/Graylog2/graylog2-server/issues/818, but the solution
provided won't fit here.

What I've tried:

Setting the graylog2-server.uris parameter in web.conf to "
http://{myhost}:12900/"; => Will repeatedly produce a NotSslRecordException
on the server and "API call failed to execute [..] java.io.IOException:
Remotely Closed [..]" on the web interface.

Setting the graylog2-server.uris parameter in web.conf to "http*s*
://{myhost}:12900/ <https://{myhost}:12900/>" => Will repeatedly produce
said NotSslRecordException on Server and "REST call failed
java.io.IOException: Remotely Closed" on the web interface.

Direct access to http://{myhost}:12900/
<http://{myhost}:12900/system/cluster/stats>system/cluster/stats
<http://{myhost}:12900/> from a web browser: No problem and no failure
entry in the logfile.

When disabling TLS on Graylog Server's REST Interface and setting the
REST-URL to http everything works fine and as expected (though it's not
encrypted obviously). The failure occures when using a self-signed
certificate as well as when providing a properly issued PKI certificate.

Setup:
Graylog Server: v1.1.6
Graylog Web Interface: v1.1.6

Does anyone have an idea what's wrong here?

Yours,
Jan