As far as I know, using the regular regexp rules in graylog, there isn't a
way to tell it to just split on white space, and there isn't a way to tell
it to capture multiple values in one pattern.  Not with the interfaces we
have available, anyway.

In perl, I could do something like:
  ($field1,$field2,field3) = split(/\s+/, $logline);

I don't think the graylog system is nearly that powerful.

The first pattern I gave you extracts the contents of the first field.  The
^ specifies the pattern starts at the beginning of the line.  The (.+)\s
says to capture all characters and that it will end with a space.
Normally, .+ means 'match any character forever', but the rest of the
pattern has to match as well.  The rest of it, \d+/\d+/20\d+ will only
match on the date field.  So, by matching the date field there, we prevent
.+ from matching anything past the last space before the date, and so it
captures the entire sourceserver field.

sourceserver:  ^(.+)\s\d+/\d+/20\d\d\s+

I don't know anything about creating content packs.

I think if you really want to use regexp, you just need to find  yourself a
good tutorial and do some reading.  This sort of basic regular expression
tutoring is likely outside the scope of this group.