Hi Kay,

I also ran into same issue….I am on Ubuntu 14.04, running all latest
versions of garylog components.
I tried the things which you mention…but still get Sorry, those credentials
are invalid problem
Below are the config for /etc/graylog/server/server.conf

# You MUST set a secret to secure/pepper the stored user passwords here. Use at
least 64 characters.
# Generate one by using for example: pwgen -N 1 -s 96
password_secret=X2oHR7K6a30wcNUEjeP3TgO1pPs8LKxfecZHe4k0fjUqv9vNI3TWsg659nSUdh6XKqvMuO9NSYU2yEIriFqjf4uXU0c4EwVR

# The default root user is named 'admin'
#root_username = admin

# You MUST specify a hash password for the root user (which you only need to
initially set up the
# system and in case you lose connectivity to your authentication backend)
# This password cannot be changed using the API or via the web interface. If
you need to change it,
# modify it in this file.
# Create one by using for example: echo -n yourpassword | shasum -a 256
# and put the resulting hash value into the following line
root_password_sha2
=7804a56a5c7636cc05814736f44139e32920810d3bd51aa099a5df932e754ce9  -

------------------------------

Config for /etc/graylog/web/web.conf

# graylog2-server REST URIs (one or more, comma separated) For example:
"http://127.0.0.1:12900/,http://127.0.0.1:12910/";
graylog2-server.uris="http://127.0.0.1:12900/";

# Learn how to configure custom logging in the documentation:
#
http://docs.graylog.org/en/latest/pages/installation.html#manual-setup-graylog-web-interface-on-linux

# Secret key
# ~~~~~
# The secret key is used to secure cryptographics functions. Set this to a long
and randomly generated string.
# If you deploy your application to several instances be sure to use the same
key!
# Generate for example with: pwgen -N 1 -s 96
application.secret="oMCpVsqHHLlR4Wumo4aeB7XIe1w3sQqGn7OZqvtNB3p6wo4XXDGMsS4D28NRvg5VAD5Zs6roMYUTE2FHgpQi0OWPFNPCqlX7"

*Can you please tell me, how & where to configure user & password, in which
file ?*

Thanks in Advance !!!

Hi!