Sure, but I'm thinking of this from a usability perspective. A lot of
people will have lots of extractor rules, so having a "replace extractor"
option just makes more sense (to me ;-)

(I've had serious issues with filling the heap cache recently that just
makes me want to avoid triggering it again by doing things like pausing
processing)

Jason

On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 11:22 AM, Joi Owen <gyle...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Could you pause processing while you do the export/import?
>
> On Sun, Mar 6, 2016 at 3:15 PM, Jason Haar <jason_h...@trimble.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi there
>>
>> I have a bunch of extractor rules for our syslog INPUT. That means I
>> actually have a UDP, TCP and TCP/TLS INPUT channel for syslog - and
>> obviously want the extractors to be the same over the three of them
>>
>> Currently I have to edit one of them, get new changes working, and then
>> delete all the extractor rules from the other two INPUT channels (which
>> means clicking on DELETE-OK dozens of times) - so that I can then do a
>> "export->import" of the updated set. during this process it means I've got
>> incoming data that isn't having those extractors applied to them
>>
>> I'm sure there's some way I could do the same thing with curl/etc, but
>> adding a "replace extractors" to the "import extractors/export extractors"
>> dropdown list would be much easier?
>>
>> --
>> Cheers
>>
>> Jason Haar
>> Information Security Manager, Trimble Navigation Ltd.
>> Phone: +1 408 481 8171
>> PGP Fingerprint: 7A2E 0407 C9A6 CAF6 2B9F 8422 C063 5EBB FE1D 66D1
>>
>> --
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/graylog2/CAFChrgK-Tyz%2BD03V36KtS8Xq4-%3DR9P4EPhahpfgFZX4XKLF5mQ%40mail.gmail.com
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/graylog2/CAFChrgK-Tyz%2BD03V36KtS8Xq4-%3DR9P4EPhahpfgFZX4XKLF5mQ%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>> .

> No matter what we think of Linux versus FreeBSD, etc., the one thing I
> really like about Linux is that it has Microsoft worried. Anything
> that kicks a monopoly in the pants has got to be good for something.
> - Chris Johnson

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/graylog2/CAL5rfGX9YM6J%2B0YMKL%3D%3DSKK4iMMD2BdAFqPJUA89M6TakiQRtA%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/graylog2/CAL5rfGX9YM6J%2B0YMKL%3D%3DSKK4iMMD2BdAFqPJUA89M6TakiQRtA%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .