Hello,

I am collecting syslog messages in format RFC5424 sent via rsyslog, I
haven't been able so far to find a way to set the severity level directly
from rsyslog, so I'd like to see if it's possible/easier in graylog.
The lines in the file are like this

2016-03-10 07:01:09,778 INFO  [taskname] long description 1
> 2016-03-10 07:01:09,784 DEBUG  [taskname] long description 2

Basically I'd like to extract the following
- Time can be removed (already got it from syslog)
- Level should should be converted from log4j levels (DEBUG, INFO, NOTICE,
WARNING, ERROR, CRITICAL, ALERT, EMERG) into syslog names or levels (0-7)
- Appname extracted from []

Is that possible to do? I found out the following,
- In the level extraction I can simple extract the level from the original
logs, but it won't be in numeric format, how could I convert from one to
the other? None of the default converters seem to be appropiate for this.

- In the message field the information I extracted is still shown, (even if
in the filter is selected to cut), I don't know if it's expected or a bug
in the alpha5 version I'm using.

I'd expect not having the file timestamp in the message, but it's there.