Hi!

We have gralog 1.2.2

We use log-file nginx. We add it in graylog using (GELF TCP) input.

In this input already setted extractors with GROK patterns help.

Below you can see the model:

grok_pattern: %{IPV4:ngnix_clientip} - - \[.*?\]
%{WORD:ngnix_method;string} %{DATA:ngnix_path;string} HTTP/.*?
"%{INT:ngnix_responsecode;short}" (?:%{INT:ngnix_pagesize}|-)
"%{DATA:ngnix_referrer;string}"
"%{DATA:ngnix_useragent;string}".*?"%{BASE16FLOAT:ngnix_pagetime;float}"
(?:"%{DATA:ngnix_website;string}"|-)

As fact we have a field ngnix_useragent and forced it in the string type.

Everything works correctly, but we have one problem.

When I do my inquiry in the search field like “message:google” - graylog
search and show me all lines where there is any info about substring
“google”

This can be in useragent base or refer base - no matter. Anyway this is OK.

But, the main problem is:

If I only search inside the field ngnix_useragent ( inquiry of type -
“ngnix_useragent:google”)
in this case graylog did not find nothing.

If I will ask in the fild detailed inquiry ( waht we have in ngnix_useragent)
- in this case graylog will find correctly.

I think Search inside the field does not works correctly which connected
with GROK ( or REGEX or nay other stuff - no matter, any way does not works)

MY MAIN QUESTION:

   1.

   Can we search substring inside the field? This is my mistake or this is
   how graylog works?
   2.

   Would you be so kind help me to solve this problem.