Hi Trisha,
normally the ip of the appliance comes from the dhcp server in your
network. So I would start there and see why it is not providing an ip to
the appliance. There could be many reasons, e.g. wrong vswitch settings or
some firewall rules or whatever. Maybe some local admin could provide some
help, this is pretty hard to say from remote.

Cheers,
Marius

On 25 May 2016 at 21:43, Trisha Funtanilla <trishafuntani...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've been using Graylog appliance on VMWare for local set up, and I've
> been getting the following message on start up: "Your appliance came up
> without a configured IP address. Graylog is probably not running
> correctly!". I'm still able to login, but I'm not able to access the web
> interface since it's not giving me the usual "Open ip_address in your
> browser to access Graylog." I haven't made any changes to IP
> configuration/settings so I'm not sure why the appliance is not working
> anymore. I tried different Graylog OVA images and versions, but I'm getting
> the same issue for all of them. Also tried opening the address returned
> from ifconfig, but it didn't work. Any ideas?
>
> Thank you.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/graylog2/10e64c7d-6bc2-45c6-a60d-5b3c734b9b04%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/graylog2/10e64c7d-6bc2-45c6-a60d-5b3c734b9b04%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

Developer

Tel.: +49 (0)40 609 452 077
Fax.: +49 (0)40 609 452 078

TORCH GmbH - A Graylog Company
Poolstraße 21
20335 Hamburg
Germany

https://www.graylog.com <https://www.torch.sh/>

Commercial Reg. (Registergericht): Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 125175
Geschäftsführer: Lennart Koopmann (CEO)