Hey Pranay,

you need to make sure that the browser is able to access the Graylog server’s
REST API port directly, if you want the web interface to work.

Kr,
        D.

> On 26.05.2016, at 17:47, Pranay Manwatkar <coolbuddy...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> ### Problem description
> I am unable to understand why browser is redirecting the ELB request to
> internal IP 12900.
> What am I missing in configuration. I am getting this error as I blocked the
> security group to access 12900 directly from browser host. What port I need
> to add so that request does not go directly to internal instances on
> rest_listen_uri port.
> ```
> Error message
> Bad request
> Original Request
> GET http://10.2.93.6:12900/system/cluster/node
> Status code
> undefined
> Full error message
> Error: Request has been terminated Possible causes: the network is offline,
> Origin is not allowed by Access-Control-Allow-Origin, the page is being
> unloaded, etc.
> ```
>
> ### Steps to reproduce the problem
> As per http://docs.graylog.org/en/2.0/pages/architecture.html for bigger
> setup I have added AWS ELB  in front of graylog-server
> ELB http port: 80
> Instance http port: 9000
>
> Graylog server: 10.2.93.6
> Elasticsearch: 10.2.68.102
>
> graylog-server.conf::
> ```
> is_master = true
> node_id_file = /etc/graylog/server/node-id
> password_secret = XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
> root_username = admin
> root_password_sha2 = YXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXY
> plugin_dir = plugin
> rest_listen_uri = http://0.0.0.0:12900/
> web_listen_uri = http://0.0.0.0:9000/
> web_enable_cors = false
> rotation_strategy = time
> elasticsearch_max_time_per_index = 3d
> elasticsearch_max_number_of_indices = 20
> retention_strategy = delete
> elasticsearch_shards = 2
> elasticsearch_replicas = 0
> elasticsearch_index_prefix = graylog
> allow_leading_wildcard_searches = true
> allow_highlighting = false
> elasticsearch_cluster_name = graylog
> elasticsearch_discovery_zen_ping_unicast_hosts = 10.2.68.102:9300
> elasticsearch_discovery_zen_ping_multicast_enabled = false
> elasticsearch_cluster_discovery_timeout = 5000
> elasticsearch_discovery_initial_state_timeout = 15s
> elasticsearch_analyzer = standard
> elasticsearch_network_host = 10.2.93.6
> output_batch_size = 500
> output_flush_interval = 1
> output_fault_count_threshold = 5
> output_fault_penalty_seconds = 30
> processbuffer_processors = 5
> outputbuffer_processors = 3
> processor_wait_strategy = blocking
> ring_size = 65536
> inputbuffer_ring_size = 65536
> inputbuffer_processors = 2
> inputbuffer_wait_strategy = blocking
> message_journal_enabled = true
> message_journal_dir = data/journal
> lb_recognition_period_seconds = 3
> [...]

Tel.: +49 (0)40 609 452 077
Fax.: +49 (0)40 609 452 078

TORCH GmbH - A Graylog company
Steckelhörn 11
20457 Hamburg
Germany

Commercial Reg. (Registergericht): Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 125175
Geschäftsführer: Lennart Koopmann (CEO)