Thats the default location the Sidecar tries to write the config file for
the nxlog collector. Guess the path doesn't exists on your system?

On 9 June 2016 at 15:54, Marko Lerota <mler...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks. I didn't know that. It should be mentioned in official
> documentation. Now collector has this error:
>
> Failed to open config file
> /etc/graylog/collector-sidecar/generated/nxlog.conf;No such file or
> directory
> Who should write this file? System? Me? What should be inside? Can't find
> anything on the web....
>
> Thanks
>
> On Thursday, June 9, 2016 at 2:38:04 PM UTC+1, Marius Sturm wrote:
>>
>> You have to create an output before and choose it in the 'Fowrard to'
>> field. Otherwise the input is doing nothing. Thats why GL denies to create
>> it.
>>

>> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/graylog2/c89331af-da2f-49a2-9602-c36206532f3e%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/graylog2/c89331af-da2f-49a2-9602-c36206532f3e%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

Developer

Tel.: +49 (0)40 609 452 077
Fax.: +49 (0)40 609 452 078

TORCH GmbH - A Graylog Company
Poolstraße 21
20335 Hamburg
Germany

https://www.graylog.com <https://www.torch.sh/>

Commercial Reg. (Registergericht): Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 125175
Geschäftsführer: Lennart Koopmann (CEO)