Hey Chauncey,

from your browser’s perspective, where is your server (providing the REST API)
running for the development environment?

You can configure how your development environment is reaching the server by
editing the graylog2-web-interface/config.js file in your local checkout and
adapt the gl2ServerUrl parameter. I think this is actually missing in the
documentation, I’m gonna add that.

Kind regards,
        D.

> On 30.06.2016, at 23:22, Chauncey Neyman <cjney...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello!
>
> So I've looked through past forums and haven't found a working solution to my
> current issue. I'm trying to develop a Graylog plugin, so I began by
> installing Graylog following the steps for Docker
> (http://docs.graylog.org/en/2.0/pages/installation/docker.html, because
> VirtualBox wouldn't work for me) and then following the steps to set up a web
> development environment
> (http://docs.graylog.org/en/2.0/pages/plugins.html#how-to-start-development).
> The server running on localhost:9000 is working perfectly, so I'm fairly
> certain localhost:12900 is functional. However, when I try running the web
> development environment (at localhost:8080) I get the following error message
> before the login page:
>  Server currently unavailable
>
> We are experiencing problems connecting to the Graylog server running on
> http://localhost:12900/. Please verify that the server is healthy and working
> correctly.
>
> You will be automatically redirected to the previous page once we can connect
> to the server.
>
> Do you need a hand? We can help you.
>
> Less details
> This is the last response we received from the server:
>
> Error message
> Bad request
> Original Request
> GET http://localhost:12900/system/sessions
> Status code
> undefined
> Full error message
> Error: Request has been terminated Possible causes: the network is offline,
> Origin is not allowed by Access-Control-Allow-Origin, the page is being
> unloaded, etc.
>
> I'd greatly appreciate any help with this issue!

Tel.: +49 (0)40 609 452 077
Fax.: +49 (0)40 609 452 078

TORCH GmbH - A Graylog company
Poolstrasse 21
20355 Hamburg
Germany

Commercial Reg. (Registergericht): Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 125175
Geschäftsführer: Lennart Koopmann (CEO)