Hi Group,

I've experienced an issue when I try to create an extractor for an input
which is configured on a remote Graylog cluster node.

My setup has 4x Graylog nodes. Two of them are used exclusively for
UI-access (*graylog-ui0* and *graylog-u*i1). The other two are used to
receive log messages only (*graylog-log0* and *graylog-log1* which have
web_enable=false).
I've configured two inputs (non-global) called Raw_UDP6000_log0 on host
*graylog-log0* and Raw_UDP6000_log1 on host *graylog-log1*. Next I tried to
setup an extractor for input Raw_UDP6000_log0 using the UI on *graylog-ui0*.
The process fails with a 404 "No such input on this node." error.

To narrow down the root cause of this behaviour I created an input
Raw_UDP6000_ui0 on host *graylog-ui0. *Creating an extractor with the same
parameters for this input worked without any trouble.

Is this FAD (functions-as-designed) or a bug? I would expect that all nodes
in a cluster are aware of all inputs and know how to create an extractor
for them.

Regards,
Jan