Changed those two settings and now the web interface is working and I am
able to login and configure Inputs.  Woot!

However none of the data that should be received by the input is being
received.  If you go to the search screen and wait for a ~30 seconds or so
there are two red warnings that pop up on the bottom of the screen and then
go away.  They are:

Could not load sources data
http://x.x.x.146:12900/sources?range=3600 try reloading the page

and

Could not load field information
http://x.x.x.146:12900/system/fields (500)

Reloading the browser page doesn't seem to make any difference.  Also of
note, going to System -> Overview the section for Elasticsearch Cluster
just spins with a "Loading" spinner and never shows the status of the ES
cluster.

Nathan