I'm not sure if this is by design or omission.

In beta 1 (I haven't tried beta 2) there is a nice new feature which
permits you to add a verbatim set of configuration options to nxlog.  That
was just what I needed, even before I knew I needed it.

However, I'd like to suggest that having it by default collapsed is fine
when it is blank, but not good when it is not.  I went back to make a
change, and at first thought I had the wrong one or it did not save -- it
was collapsed but with code in it.

I'd like to suggest it should always be expanded and visible when it is not
empty.

The rationale of keeping people from using it too casually is perhaps good
(not sure just collapsing it will keep people from shooting themselves in
the foot), but it hardly applies once you have decided to use it.  Then it
is just confusing to have it collapsed and the code invisible.

At least in one opinion.....

Linwood